DIY Organic Coconut Avocado Hair Mask
Is your hair feeling dry and damaged from months of travel. Try my Organic-all-natural-DIY-Hair-Mask that provides instant results for Soft, Shinny, Healthy hair!
How has your year in travel looked? At this time last year I had recently packed my things and left Korea and was finishing up a 5 week road trip in the US, as I made my way to our new home in Barcelona, Spain. Currently I write this from London, England where we are residing for the summer. Sounds a bit tiring right?…. but I am still loving all this travel!
One thing that isn’t currently loving it is my hair. I am noticing strands all over my apartment, and it feels weighed down from toxins and hard water.
It can be hard to manage health and beauty when you are traveling. Every country has different products, so finding what works for you can be a big challenge. I used to try and stock up on my favorites, and bring them along, but as airline baggage fees increase, and we travel more this is no longer a feasible option.
As I turn travel into a lifestyle, and pledge to make it more sustainable, a great solution is making my own products!
Soo…if you hair is feeling a little heavy, you have a dry scalp, damage or want a little more shine TRY THIS AMAZING (and simple) Hair Mask and thank me later!
Coconut Avocado Hair Mask
Makes enough for 1 person with medium length hair
- Medium ripe organic avocado
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut Oil
- Mash avocado and coconut oil together in a bowl with a fork until it forms a smooth paste (make sure there are NO clumps)
- Take paste with fingers and begin smoothing it onto your scalp (this is best to do in the shower in case any of the mask falls onto the ground)
- Cover the entire scalp first before continuing outward to the end of your hair. You do not need to have damp hair. The mask can be applied directionally onto dry hair
- Tie or clip your hair on top of your head
- Wait 15-25 minutes
- Rinse hair with tepid water (I like to use a comb while rinsing it out)
- Apply your favorite natural shampoo
- Enjoy beautiful soft silky smooth hair!
- Avocado provides hair with essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acid
- Strengthen your hair against breakage
- Soothe & Calm dry or inflamed scalp
- Restore natural moisture
- Add shine to your scalp
- Coconut Oil promotes hair growth
- Containts medium chain triglycerides that penetrates deep into hair follicles for deep nourishment
- Antibacterial and Antifungal
- Helps fight dandruff, scalp acne, inflamed skin
Benefits of DIY Products for travelers
When you are making the product yourself it is easy to find these everyday ingredients and put together something that your body is familiar with and works for you
From sugar bath scrubs to shampoo and makeup you can go into your cupboard and make the exact amount of the product you need for the time period you will be using it and use the leftover ingredients for your lunch! Reuse glass or plastic bottles to store your concoctions or buy reusable travel bottles.
Purchasing organic or all natural products can come with a heavy price tag, but products can easily be made right in your own (or temporary) kitchen for pennies with what you already are using.
These products are GREAT for you. By making your own beauty products the chemicals that are used in over the counter products are no where to be seen, and you are using all natural toxin free ingredients that your body will thank you for.
9 thoughts on “DIY Organic Coconut Avocado Hair Mask”
Thanks a lot for the blog post. Really looking forward to reading more.
Thanks so much for this, I cant wait to try it! I really struggle to find a good treatment but this looks like it will do the trick
Really interesting!! I sometimes prepare myself organic cosmetics, so this is gonna be in my list, not only when traveling 😀
Nice! Let me know if you have any recommendations for recipes
I need to try this! My hair is so curly and dry 🙁
It works GREAT! I highly recommend it and hope you like it!
I have actually done almost this exact mask before! This is such a great idea when you’re in the travel lifestyle – things like this are easy/cheap/available anywhere. Can’t wait to see more on the road DIY things from you!
Awesome tip. I can’t wait to make one. Hope to see great result. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thanks so much Glad you liked my recipe 🙂
Comments are closed.